UAE eCommerce logistics and delivery solutions explained
UAE eCommerce logistics and delivery solutions are shipping services for companies that sell products over the internet. These services make shipping products more manageable and more affordable.
Why are they so important? As a business owner, once you send off a package, a large part of that customer relationship is outsourced to whatever company you use for shipping services. If the package arrives late, broken, or not at all, your reputation is damaged. Perhaps permanently.
While you control so many aspects of your business – this is one area that you don’t. So it’s vital to choose your solution carefully. Because putting an effective eCommerce shipping strategy in place is one of the most important steps you can take to grow your business online.
Many brands start out in eCommerce by taking a simple approach to shipping, but the most successful companies use strategic shipping options to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
List of UAE eCommerce delivery solutions
Alongside the usual shipping giants, there are a number of other delivery solutions. These are just a few of them. It’s important you research this area carefully before selecting.
- Aramex: Aramex has rapidly grown into a global brand, recognised for its customised services and innovative products. It is listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and based in the UAE. It provides customised logistics solutions anywhere in the world. They have successfully introduced market leading express delivery and logistics services to the Middle East and other emerging economies with express courier delivery, freight forwarding, logistics, supply chain management, eCommerce and record management services.
- fetchr: Fetchr are an innovative technology-driven courier service company based in Dubai, transforming the traditional way of sending and receiving packages. They solve the unpredictability of package delivery in the UAE and Middle East because of the absence of a formal street address system – instead using the GPS in customers’ phones for location-based pickup and delivery with their patented app.
- ViaMe: ViaMe have transformed conventional delivery into modernised instant delivery. They’re a trendsetting technology-driven company based in Dubai providing hassle-free, time-saving, instant delivery across Dubai. They take packages and documents swiftly to their destination, with customers able to track from the moment they book delivery until it reaches its destination.
- Flip Express: Based in Dubai, they are a trusted logistics and courier services company serving the UAE and 100+ international destinations. Flip Express strives to make courier services more manageable and seamless, with 15+ years of industry experience and an efficient delivery network. Flip Express offers a wide range of services that include express transportation, eCommerce courier solutions, and custom logistics services.
- Team Express Services: With their international tie up and domestic network within UAE, Team Express uses advanced technology to enable guaranteed proof of delivery. They are also known for handling the requirements of a number of banks in UAE for their various products over the last 12 years.
Things to remember when choosing an eCommerce delivery solution
Take the time to look at comparisons between the different suppliers, and make sure you have the answers to the costs of the below:
- Fee per credit card charge
- Customs duty
- Tracking system
You can try out multiple carrier services at the same time to compare. That way, if one carrier lets you down you have another to fall back on.
You can then either retain whichever is the best for you, or you could use several different solutions depending on the specific requirements for the package.
How to pick the best shipping solution for your UAE eCommerce business
There are a number of key factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce delivery solution. How they deal with the points listed below will form part of your decision making process.
- Weight: Many delivery agencies follow a pricing model according to the size and weight of each parcel. If your products don’t weigh much, you might choose the national postal service. If your products are heavier, then obviously a specific delivery solution is needed.
- Shipping costs: Ideally you should provide free shipping, as not offering it can mean shopping cart abandonment. It is an expensive additional cost for you, and to deal with it you will have to increase your prices or send some of your profits toward shipping costs. Another alternative is to offer free shipping but only above a minimum purchase price.
- International shipping: Ensure the customer knows the cost of international shipping beforehand. Don’t forget that sending products abroad means additional documents, and make it clear in your shipping policy that you are not responsible for any local customs duties in each country.
- Delivery times: You can explain clearly to your customers what to expect concerning the shipping of multiple products – whether these will arrive all together or if they can be dispatched separately.
- Returns: Since returning items is so common, make sure you have a clear idea on how the process works, the costs incurred, as well as timings. This is a key area where it’s easy to annoy customers.
Also, you may want to find out if they offer:
- Online tracking system
- Express delivery
Working with company formation specialists
We are a team of company registration professionals who are passionate about bringing the dreams of aspiring entrepreneurs and SMEs to life.
As well as handling your license application, BIZ can also assist with the opening of corporate bank accounts and advise on the most appropriate financial institution to suit your specific needs.
We also offer visa and immigration services and can handle all government formalities, permissions, work permits and visas applications that are required to trade in the UAE.
In short, our experts can establish your company on your behalf, make your license and visa applications, and take care of all the necessary admin – leaving you free to get on with running your business.