We're looking for talented people to join our team and fill the following positions:
Collections officers are hired by many types of businesses that serve a large customer base and by collections agencies, but job duties do not vary much from company to company. Core responsibilities for collections officers include:
- Manage internal collections process, including identifying defaulters, contacting and meeting them to recover outstanding payments.
- Speak to customers to negotiate payment plans and payment schedules that suit their current financial situation while still satisfying the debt.
- Advise customers on their various payment options. If no payment agreement can be reached, collections officers inform customers of further actions that may be taken to collect overdue debts.
- Answer incoming calls from defaulters and other individuals.
- Track activities around collection process as well as recovered amounts
- Provide reports to management on recovered amount on a weekly basis.
- Advise on which defaulters cases should be handed to collection agency or for which there should be a police case opened.
- Work closely with PRO responsible for opening police cases.
- Recommend debt write off.
- If needed, work with collection agency to recover outstanding debt.
- Update internal accounting software, especially invoices and payments modules with activities related to collections activities.
- Liaise with other finance team members to effectively manage collections process.
- Provide ad hoc reports to management about collections process.
- Propose and implement improvement initiatives in collection process
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Collection Officer or similar role – minimum 3 years
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
If you are the best in your field, don't hesitate to send your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org